How To Establish Wildflowers.
For Guaranteed results follow these instructions and you will not go wrong.
Soil Preparation For Wildflowers
- Turn over the soil as deeply as possible at least 10cm / 4 inches.
- Spread the soil evenly.
- Rake and level the surface for regular sowing.
- Pour the seeds into bowl and look at the amount of seed and the different shapes and sizes they are, this gives you a better idea of seed calibration, as wildflowers are normally sowed by hand.
- Sow by casting over the surface ( as you would a small lawn). Good tip – mix the seed with a little dry soil, reduces seed drift and makes it easier to cast the seed.
- Either use a lawn roller or pack down the soil with your feet. The seeds must have a good contact with the soil – do not bury them.
- Water with a fine spray, keep the soil damp until the seeds start to germinate – note, wildflower seeds are not quick at germinating.